Have you had a website created but you are struggling to get any enquiries?
Are you wondering how can I get my website found?
Here are our Top 10 tips to get your website noticed:
- Build relevant keywords into your website Think about the words that people enter into Google when looking for the types of products and services you offer. Put yourself in your customers shoes. Keyword analysis and planning is an art so consider consulting an SEO specialist.
- Create links to your website Search engines like Google actively look for links to your website from other websites. For this reason, increasing the number of high quality links your website has will have a positive effect on the ranking of your website in the search engines.
- Promote your website in your email signature, on your stationary, business cards and anywhere possible Think about all the possible places you can add your website address to help ensure people can find you.
- Create a video for your business and put it on YouTube Video doesnt have to be long or broadcast production quality, but by adding a simple video into your website and publishing it to video network sites such as YouTube, Yahoo Video and Google Video will get you far more exposure online search engines love video!
- Create a business listing Google Maps Create a free company listing on Google Local Business Centre. Make sure you embed your keywords into the company title and description so that you can be found on Google for the things you offer. This is a quick win if you get the keywords right!
- Create a business page on Social Media sites like Twitter and LinkedIn Use sites like Facebook, Twitter and Linked In to promote your business and website. Actively engage with your potential customers. Facebook alone now has over 23 million users, and it doesnt cost anything to use.
- Make sure your website domain name is a memorable one With all of the information we have to remember on a daily basis, it is no wonder that we forget things easily, so make sure you use a memorable domain name that reflects your company, services and products.
- Set up a blog as another source of information about your company Create accounts on sites like WordPress and Blogger and actively promote your company, including links to your website. Sites such as these are free so all it takes is your time, and it will pay off!
- Minimise the use of Flash on your website as this can hinder your results in search engines Flash can provide a good way to add a visual impact to your site; however search engines can only read text content. So if you want to be found, avoid having any important text or company information embedded in Flash.
- Talk about your website Most people forget to mention that they even have a website. Make sure you mention it when talking to potential customers and give them a reason to visit your site by having a special offer, or offering something for free.
Come back for more excellent Internet Marketing advice. Good luck! firstname.lastname@example.org