Some customers are looking for maximum power and others are looking for the most energy efficient mining rigs. Sadly, the two don’t necessarily go hand-in-hand. It’s quite possible to get 1000 MH from a single rig and we supply these as part of our standard product range, along with our mid-range 500 MH rigs. Our 500 and 1000 rigs are a fantastic choice for customers who have minimal space, and are looking for crypto mining rigs that can generate high hashrates and will retain their value should they wish to sell in the future.
Power efficient mining rigs
With rising energy costs impacting us all, it has become more important than ever to consider electricity costs when factoring in your crypto mining profits. For this reason, more customers are asking for the most power efficient mining rigs possible rather. This discounts many of the more powerful consumer Nvidia 30-series cards, many of which use 300W or more per GPU. Nvidia 3080 and 3090 GPUs are good examples of high hashrate power-hungry cards.
AMD 6600 and Nvidia A2000 mining rigs
In our experience, the most power efficient option available is an Nvidia A2000 mining rig which can generate over 500 MH for under 900W. To achieve this, a minimum of a 12 GPU rig is required. The AMD Radeon RX 6600 comes in a close second place achieving over 500 MH for just over 900W. However, these are some of the lowest hashrate GPUs on the market and a total of 16 GPUs spread across two separate rigs would be needed. In other words, more GPUs and more physical space are required to deliver the lowest energy consumption.
The other downside is resale potential. The A2000 is a server GPU designed for businesses rather than consumers or gamers, so will be more difficult to sell. The RX 6000 has a similar fate as it is mainly suited to lower-end gaming and in less demand than the more powerful alternatives. This of course isn’t a concern for everybody, especially those in it for the long haul with no intention of selling.
A4000, 3060 TI and RX 6700 GPUs for low power mining
There are other great options for low power mining rigs, including the Nvidia A4000 and other A-series GPUs. The 3060 TI is worth a mention as this is an exceptional consumer gaming card and would also provide a good hashrate at a low power consumption, but sadly these are all LHR (hash rate limited) and not as power efficient for mining. Generally speaking, AMD GPUs are a good option for low energy mining rigs, with the RX 6700 delivering just over 500 MH for around 1.08Kw using only 11 GPUs in a single rig.
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution and we appreciate customers have different requirements, therefore if low cost, energy efficient crypto mining is your goal, we can certainly help.
Low power mining rigs for maximum profitability
For those serious about GPU mining and looking for the lowest cost, most energy efficient option available, our premium RX 6600/6700, A2000 and A4000 mining rigs built using enclosed Octominer GPU server cases are a perfect choice. These low power mining rigs come prebuilt with enterprise-grade hardware to provide the best reliability and efficiency in the industry.
A general specification for our 500 MH power efficient mining rigs are as follows:
- Intel G1840 or G3900 2.8Ghz Dual Core CPU
- Integrated 8 to 12 GPU mining motherboard (riserless) with 60 – 65MM spacing between GPUs
- 2400W to 3600W certified PSUs (1200W Hot Swapable Server Power Supplies)
- 4GB DDR3 RAM
- 30GB SSD with Hive OS installed
- 4 120 x 38mm or 5 140 x 38mm high RPM and airflow speed controlled cooling fans
Platinum rated power efficient server PSUs
94% efficiency enterprise-grade hot swap server PSUs.
Up to 3 x 1200W platinum server power supplies (max 3600W)
The very latest GPUs
Our crypto mining rigs come bundled with the very latest GPUs. You may have heard there is a shortage of GPUs and silicon chips in general. For this reason, we can’t guarantee which GPUs you will get and each rig may be different due to the ongoing supply and demand issues.
However, we can assure you that your 500 hashrate rig will come with the very latest Nvidia A2000, A4000 or AMD 6600/6700 Series GPUs.
If that wasn’t enough, our amazing spec hardware also comes with:
Even more great features you won’t find elsewhere in the market:
- Full monitoring for PSU input and exhaust temperatures using BOSCH environmental sensors for air pressure, temperature and humidity readings
- Built-in hardware watchdog to reboot automatically when the rig has frozen
- High-power, high airflow and low noise PWM controlled case fans
- Smart fan controller to automatically adjust case fan speeds to an optimal temperature or give you the option to set these manually
- Enterprise-grade CE certified Hot Swap PSUs providing 94% efficiency (up to 3 x 1200W, 3600W total)
- Highest quality components, including Japanese Panasonic/Nichicon high-lifespan capacitors
- Customisable front panel with an OLED screen to display data such as the total hashrate, power consumption, fan speed, temperature, and more. All with a quick glance.
Low cost crypto mining rigs don’t come any better or smarter than this!
Find more FAQs below
Contact us to order your crypto mining rig today
Opace Ltd, Park House, Bristol Rd South, Rubery, Birmingham, West Midlands, B45 9AH. United Kingdom.
0845 017 7661