SEO in a nutshell – Part 1 in our SEO Made Simple series
Our SEO e-books are part of our wider do-it-yourself series of Internet marketing guides, all of which can be accessed FOR FREE when you Like our Facebook page.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) can seem like a daunting process to learn for any person who is unfamiliar with it. Even, the term itself, SEO, is difficult for most people to remember. However, the process of SEO is one of the most important skills that you can learn and master if you plan on making your website an online success.
You may think this seems like a tall order for a web novice or someone new to the whole SEO game, but fortunately for you, its something you can learn with relative ease. The only real pre-requisites are time, patience and willingness to learn the basics.
Our aim of this short series of e-books is to help you to understand and hopefully implement the entire SEO process yourself, learning:
- The basics of SEO and the steps required to make a real difference to your online presence in Google and other search engines.
- How to identify the right keywords i.e. the search terms that will allow your customers to find you.
- How to improve your websites position and ranking in the major search engines (and ultimately get you to the first page).
- Useful tips and insights that will enable you to continually improve and refresh your SEO campaign to achieve more visits, enquires and sales.
- How to monitor and evaluate your SEO process and check whether your hard work and efforts are paying off.
This e-book (Part 1) is focussing on the basics of SEO and will explain what SEO is, in a nutshell. Part 2 will work through a real example well discuss keyword research and analysis, well show how to carry out your own on-page and off-page optimisation and finally we will go through how to use Google Analytics to measure and perfect your SEO campaign. Part 3 will give you a heads-up on the recent changes that Google have made and the likely future of SEO, discussing updates like Google Panda, Google Everything, Google Places and Google +1.
Image credit – SEOPlanter0